Thursday, May 24, 2012

Ebay: The site that sells everything


I set up my ebay account 2 months ago to sell the odd book, piece of clothing and shoes. It was an amazing way to get rid of my unwanted items and get some money out of it, without the hassle of a car boot. And the great thing is you can sell anything on ebay and people will pay pretty much anything! Today I’ve sold 3 items and I’ve manage to earn £25 from it. Not bad for a few hours sitting in the beautiful sun that has chosen to finally make an appearance. One lady sadly missed out on bidding on a top, but she messaged me and I’ve sold it to her anyway. Ebay is good like that, it may seem like a greedy selfish site where people are constantly outbidding one another to get their greedy mitts on something they want, but really it’s the perfect way to get a bargain. This lady wanted the top for a wedding she was going to, and who was I to deny this to her, just because she had missed her bidding time, which had been ongoing for 7 days. I could have relisted the item and maybe got more than the £5 for it, but I'm not one of those greedy selfish ebayers. It is more of getting rid of a mountain of stuff so I have money to start my life...

HOWEVER

Ebay sells everything. And everyone has a weakness. I sadly have a few: Shoes, Bags, Jewellery and ultimately anything that sparkles. But I have willpower and I've been able to resist the beautiful purple Christian Louboutins that would look perfect on my size 7's. I've even resisted the Jimmy Choos, the Fendi Selleria cream canvas and leather shopper and the countless number of Vivienne Westwood handbags that would be my shoulders new best friend. Yes I have willpower, but no amount of willpower could resist the Vivienne Westwood boots. They are pure perfection. Currently the bid is at £102, but with 1 day and 20 hours to go and already 6 bids from fellow ebayers I'm certain the bids will keep flowing and with this the price will rise. They are on my watch list and I will continue to watch every 15 minutes and I will be bidding in the final minutes. They are too good to miss out on... I have my fingers crossed that in a few days time these beauties will casually slip on my feet and stay there for all of time.


<>
 
Vivienne Westwood Boots 
(Whilst writing this I got an ebay message, a lady requesting how much I would accept for that top... Maybe I should of held out for a bit of extra cash, it could of gone towards the boots!)

No comments:

Post a Comment