Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It's all started

My journey started this year. This year, 2012, I decided what I want to do with my life. I've wanted every job in the world, from a vet to a fashion photographer. I studied my GCSE's with no idea what to do afterwards. I went on to study A-levels, with the certainty I would go on to study psychology at Bournemouth University. Mainly due to the reasons a) I enjoyed psychology and b) I thought at the age of 18 I needed to know what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. But I really enjoyed media more than I thought, but I never really thought I could get a career in media. An impulsive decision at the last minute meant I was studying a film, photography and video degree in a college I had never been interested in. Psychology was something I enjoyed for 2 years, but after a lot of thinking, I couldn't see myself studying it for another 3 years. So here came the degree that I had no intention or outside interest in. I love films, I love films to entertain me, analysing them and discussing them is a whole different level. But somehow I enjoyed it. Me and video and photography sadly did not get along. Video was not for me, I could never understand the equipment. I think I would of loved photography if I was taught it, not left in a darkroom with a roll of film and told to get on with it. I find it interesting, but I could not keep up with set briefs or trying to explain my personal ideas. Photography cannot be wrong. Photography is personal, how can it be graded?!

Anyway I'm done. I got through the 3 years of the degree. I learnt a lot about myself and who I am and what I want to do. I also learnt a little about film, photography and video. And due to such a small class size, I also met five people that helped me get through it all.

So I'm waiting to graduate and I've sorted out a life plan. So, the journey has started to get me there. Might aswell give it a go...

No comments:

Post a Comment