Friday, May 25, 2012

Turn up the volume

With the sun shining over the past few days and a hope to get a little less stressed after the last 2 weeks of panic of the degree, I've created a new playlist, 'chilled'. I love any music and will give anything a listen to at least once. The 'gym' playlist (85 songs in total) is full of Nicki Minaj, David Guetta and Pitbull, with a few songs by Swedish House Mafia ('Greyhound' is my ultimate motivation song), Sean Paul and LMFAO. The 'work' playlist, consists of 36 songs and got me through my degree, with the late nights, essay writing and research, it's full of motivational and inspiring tracks. Beyonce (my all time favourite female artist) makes quite a few apperances on this playlist and Florence and the Machine take up their few spaces on the list. Emile Sande, Rihanna, B.O.B, Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly. and Redlight also have a track or two to keep me working hard. The 'everyday' playlist is for when I just can't decide how I feel so Kings of Leon, Maroon 5 ans Alexis Jordan all manage to suit how I feel at that time.


The 'chilled' playlist is different. It's full of slow, thoughtful songs with deep meanings and lyrics that set emotions running high. Simple tunes to suit a simple mood of relaxing and thinking. A couple of amazing artists I've very recently stumbled across are, Ryan Keen (one of the most beautiful voices and at the moment he's not getting the recognition he deserves. His song 'In my mind' brings me close to tears every time I listen to it) and Gabrielle Aplin (stunning voice, 'Home' is my favourite track by her). This playlist also consists of Twin Atlantic, Colbie Caillat, Coldplay, Michael Kiwanuka (I'm in love with his voice. Actual love.), Ben Howard, Guillemots, Jason Mraz, Ed Sheeran, 3 Doors Down, The Maccabees, Jack Johnson, The XX, Adele and finally Benjamin Francis Leftwich. This is a playlist suitable for heaven. It's full of beautiful songs, sung by beautiful people, with beautiful voices.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asdXpf0Ru-4&noredirect=1

(Ryan Keen 'In My Mind')


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLsb1YMsKE

(Gabrielle Aplin 'Home')

No comments:

Post a Comment